AAH is a 501(c)3, non-profit organization based in the United States that helps children in rural Uganda reach their full potential. We built a model school and two health clinics so that education and healthcare, local development, and community outreach could improve the quality of life and transform poor villages into self-sustaining communities. We do this by engaging a caring community of volunteers, child sponsors, donors, partners and friends in the United States, Uganda and throughout the world. For example, the Foundation for International Medical Relief of Children (FIMRC) operates the busy clinic at the school.
AAH’s vision is to transform villages in rural Uganda into vibrant, self-sustaining communities through quality education and health care. Specifically, we seek to:
- Develop educational and health care models in each village where we have a presence.
- Set new standards of academic excellence and prepare the children for adult lives that contribute to the progress of their communities and the world. Local schools will perform better. Students will progress to higher levels of learning and professional careers. Through adult education programs, literacy will increase in local communities.
- Establish clinics and community health programs that provide children and their families with access to modern health care, medicines, and treatments. More people will live longer with a higher quality of life.
- Encourage villages with AAH programs to employ technology and provide services for surrounding areas. Building and farming techniques will demonstrate an increased environmental awareness.
- Through shared learning experiences, AAH will foster greater cultural understanding on local, national and international levels.
Our Core Values
- We are an organization that believes in …
- Education We believe that all children have a right to education and basic healthcare. We believe that education is the key to transformation and provides new opportunities. We believe that children are our hope for the future.
- Integrity We responsibly and strategically use our resources of time, talent and money.
- Respect We value the Ugandan culture and way of life. We are inclusive of diverse ideas, perspectives and backgrounds within AAH.
- Communication We honestly and openly share our ideas and organizational decision making.
- Partnership We foster teamwork and value relationships with our volunteers, child sponsors, donors, partners and friends as we work to achieve our goals in partnership with the people of Uganda.
- A Passion to Serve We empower people with opportunities to help children and others in need. We strengthen and grow the organization in a positive and constructive way.