The Arlington Academy of Hope is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization built on a unique partnership between the local Ugandan community and many everyday Americans. In the U.S., AAH is primarily volunteer driven with a Board of Directors, an Advisory Council, an Executive Director and a growing community of dedicated volunteers and caring supporters. In Uganda, our organization includes senior staff, teachers, school staff and clinic personnel.
AAH invites you to learn about What We Do and join this effort. Together we can reach many more Ugandan children in need of a good, all-around education and basic healthcare.
Board of Directors
- Richard Burk, President
- Holly Hawthorne, Vice President
- Dean Scribner, Secretary
- Janet Hansen, Treasurer
- Carol Ann Bischoff, Director
- Carole Burk, Sponsorship Director and Chair of Education Committee
- Tracy Hanafin, Chair of Sister School Committee
- Sarah Osinksi, Chair of Communications Subcommittee
- Syril Pettit, Liaison to Tuckahoe School
- Rose Mary Romano, Chair of Health Committee
- John Wanda, Co-Founder and Chair of Development Committee
- Joyce Wanda, Co-Founder and Chair of University Program
- JoAnn Willis, Director and Chair of Gala Subcommittee
- Amy White, Director
- Daniel Carucci, President, Global Health Consulting, Inc.;
- James Hussey, Chairman and Founder, Chapman, Cubine Adams + Hussey;
- Charles Kahn, President and CEO, Federation of American Hospitals;
- Dr. Matthew Shank, President of Marymount University.
Staff in the US
- Laura Barrantes, Executive Director
Senior Staff in Uganda
- Milton Komoti, Program Director
- Sarah Sabano, Headmistress
- Danielle Fortin, Uganda International Coordinator
- Olivia Schneider, Uganda Outreach Coordinator
- Godfrey Mutebi, Deputy Headmaster
With both a clinic and a school, we have a lot of staff in Uganda! Click on the photos below to learn more about us.