AAH is currently seeking a Development and Administrative Associate to join our team in Arlington, VA. This is a new part-time position (20 hours per week) which reports to the Executive Director.
Applicants should email a resume, cover letter with salary requirements, and references to email@example.com by February 20, 2017 for full consideration.
Data Entry & Donation Processing
- Primary point person for updating, adding and maintaining donor, sponsor, student, and prospect constituent records in the DonorPerfect database.
- Gift processing which includes coding, tracking, and entering gifts, depositing checks, preparing batches and receipts, running financial reports and coordinating with bookkeeper.
- Download online transactions (donations, sponsorships, and event registrations) from online giving and registrations systems (WebLink, ConstantContact).
- Assist with creation of donor lists and other gift queries and reports.
- Manage donation and sponsorship acknowledgment process (sending thank you notes, sponsor/student information, and special processing).
- File all donation-related paperwork and maintain organized cloud-based and hard copy filing systems.
- Perform database maintenance and clean up projects to improve data integrity and database performance.
Donor Relations/Sponsorship Process
- Run and send monthly sponsorship renewal reminders.
- Track past-due and insufficient sponsorship payments.
- Handle inquiries regarding sponsorships and donations.
- Assist with solicitation and other mailings.
- Post mailings or work with mail house or volunteers to ensure time sensitive mailings are sent.
- Provide administrative support for AAH events (Gala, Annual Picnic, trips) including assisting with mailings, phone inquiries, in-kind gift tracking and other clerical duties as designated by project managers. Attendance at events may require evening or weekend work.
- Assist with web (WordPress) and social media updates (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram).
- Assist with general clerical support for the Executive Director.
- Bachelor’s or Associate degree
- At least two years prior administrative experience, preferably in a Fundraising/Development Office.
- Prior experience with DonorPerfect or other fundraising database preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office required.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to meet deadlines while managing multiple projects.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.