Six easy steps for organizing a successful screening
1. Think through logistics and invite your guests
Who will you invite and where/when will you hold your screening? Do you want to meet in your home or another location? Use this sample email invitation (PDF) to get the ball rolling.
2. Tell us about your event
Call or email us about 10-14 days in advance so we can send you the From One Village DVD and AAH brochures for your event. Please tell us when you will hold your screening, what organization/group you’re hosting, how many people you expect, and your mailing address and phone number.
3. Take a few minutes to learn about AAH
4. Use these Screening Talking Points (PDF)
This includes suggested remarks for before and after showing the film, as well as what to say to audience members who ask how they can help.
5. Have these materials available for audience members
- AAH brochures (we’ll mail these to you upon request)
- Child Sponsorship overview (PDF) and Child Sponsorship application (PDF)
- Get Involved (PDF)
- Stay in Touch signup sheet (PDF). Ask audience members to join our email list – it’s the most cost-effective and efficient way for us to keep them apprised of our progress.
6. Tell us how your screening went
And please email or mail us your Stay in Touch signup sheet and let us know if there is anyone in particular we should follow up with directly.Thank you for your support of AAH and for helping spread the word about our work to help Ugandan children receive the hope and life-changing benefits of a good education.