In the U.S.
AAH is operated in the U.S. almost entirely by volunteers. Donate your time and talents to help make our program all it can be! We have lots of fun opportunities for volunteers to make a real difference:
- Got experience in and enthusiasm for event planning and fundraising? We’re looking for volunteers for our fundraising committee to plan and organize our Annual Gala, Annual Picnic, and other events.
- Social Media Expertise. We’re actively seeking a Communications Volunteer to improve our website and get our story out on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
- Administrative help. We have an ongoing need for help with letters, reports, etc.
Organize a fundraiser
We love it when AAH supporters – including children – use their energy and creativity to organize activities and raise funds for AAH. We will gladly support your efforts. Here are some recent examples of fundraisers AAH supporters have organized on our behalf:
- Online fundraisers for birthdays, graduations, and holidays
- Used book drive and sale
- Sale of tree saplings
- Zumba dance-athon
- Wear a hat to school and pay $10
- Wear-your-blue-jeans –to-work-day and pay $10
- Jewelry sales events organized by various AAH supporters
- Lemonade stands, bake sales, etc
- Alternative gift markets and other fundraisers held at places of worship
- Yard sales
If you need help with your fundraiser or want to brainstorm ideas, please email us.
Looking for a life-changing and incredibly enriching experience? We have ongoing volunteer and intern opportunities as well as a Teen Service Trip and a Guided Tour. Email us for our Uganda Volunteer Guide.
Interested in becoming an intern with AAH? We host college students in a variety of fields! Email us for our Uganda Intern Guide.
Our annual chaperoned Teen Service trip scheduled to depart end-June for two weeks. Email us for our Teen Service Guide.
Our Guided Tour is led by AAH’s President and departs late July. Email us for more details.